Kubernetes projects require that you sign a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) before we can accept your pull requests. Please see https://git.k8s.io/community/CLA.md for more info
- Submit an issue describing your proposed change to the repo in question.
- The repo owners will respond to your issue promptly.
- If your proposed change is accepted, and you haven’t already done so, sign a Contributor License Agreement (see details above).
- Fork the desired repo, develop and test your code changes.
See the developer guide on how to setup your development environment. 5. Submit a pull request.
If you would like to become a reviewer, then please ask one of the maintainers.
There’s no hard and defined limit as to who can become a reviewer, but a good
heuristic is 5 or more contributions. A reviewer can get PRs automatically assigned
for review, and can
To become a reviewer, ensure you are a member of the kubernetes-sigs Github organisation following https://github.com/kubernetes/org/issues/new/choose .
If you have made significant contributions to Cluster API Provider AWS, a maintainer may nominate you to become a maintainer, first by opening a PR to add you to the OWNERS_ALIASES file of the repository.
Maintainers are able to approve PRs, as well as participate in release processes.
Maintainers require membership of the Kubernetes Github organisation via https://github.com/kubernetes/org/issues/new/choose
The complete list of tasks required to set up maintainer status follow:
- Open PR to add Github username to the OWNERS_ALIASES file under cluster-api-aws-maintainers
- Open PR to add Github username to cluster-api-provider-aws-admins and cluster-api-provider-aws-maintainers to https://github.com/kubernetes/org/blob/main/config/kubernetes-sigs/sig-cluster-lifecycle/teams.yaml
- Open PR to add Github username to https://github.com/kubernetes/test-infra/blob/master/config/jobs/kubernetes-sigs/cluster-api-provider-aws/OWNERS
- Open PR to add Github username to https://github.com/kubernetes/k8s.io/blob/main/k8s.gcr.io/images/k8s-staging-cluster-api-aws/OWNERS
- Open PR to add Google ID to the email@example.com Google group in https://github.com/kubernetes/k8s.io/blob/main/groups/groups.yaml