- Feature status: Stable
- Feature gate (required): EKS=true
- Feature gate (optional): EKSEnableIAM=true,EKSAllowAddRoles=true
The AWS provider supports creating EKS based cluster. Currently the following features are supported:
- Provisioning/managing an Amazon EKS Cluster
- Upgrading the Kubernetes version of the EKS Cluster
- Attaching a self-managed machines as nodes to the EKS cluster
- Creating a machine pool and attaching it to the EKS cluster. See machine pool docs for details.
- Creating a managed machine pool and attaching it to the EKS cluster. See machine pool docs for details
- Managing “EKS Addons”. See addons for further details
- Creating an EKS fargate profile
- Managing aws-iam-authenticator configuration
Note: machine pools and fargate profiles are still classed as experimental.
The implementation introduces the following CRD kinds:
- AWSManagedControlPlane - specifies the EKS Cluster in AWS and used by the Cluster API AWS Managed Control plane (MACP)
- AWSManagedMachinePool - defines the managed node pool for the cluster
- EKSConfig - used by Cluster API bootstrap provider EKS (CABPE)
And a number of new templates are available in the templates folder for creating a managed workload cluster.